Extending into Highlands Ranch
The Southwest Rail Line opened in July 2000 as an 8.7 mile extension of rail from I-25 & Broadway to Mineral Avenue. It is proposed to add an additional 2.5 miles of rail and one new Park-n-Ride to extend service into Highlands Ranch.
How much will it cost?
Travel on the C & D Line will be Local Fare ($3.00 / $1.50* discounted / $0.90**) or Regional fare ($5.25 / $5.25* discounted / $3.20** youth) depending on your destination. Discount fares apply for those who are eligible.
* Discount fares apply to seniors 65+, individuals with disabilities, Medicare recipients, and those enrolled in LiVE. ** Youth discount fares apply to youth ages 6-19 (up to three children ages 5 and younger ride free with a fare-paying adult). Active duty members of the U.S. military ride for free on all RTD services. Proof of eligibility is required for all passengers using discounted fare products.
Buy Tickets and Day Passes
You can buy 3-Hour Passes and Day Passes using cash, credit or debit at the ticket vending machines located at any RTD rail station, or on the RTD Mobile Tickets app. The Regional Day Pass is the same price ($10.50) as an Airport Day Pass and grants unlimited travel on any RTD service for the remainder of the service day. Day Pass ticket books may be purchased at any RTD Sales Outlet.
The Future of the C & D Line
New Rail in New Neighborhoods
The proposed 2.5 mile extension would bring rail into Highlands Ranch and add 1,000 parking spaces at the end-of-line. Project design and construction will begin when funding is available.
SIGN UP FOR EMAIL UPDATES
- Environmental planning and basic engineering began
- Environmental Evaluation (EE) conducted, including analysis of alternative alignment and station locations, potential impacts, and recommendations to minimize and mitigate impacts
- Final EE issued; 30 percent of basic engineering completed
- 2013 - Present
- RTD continues to work with stakeholders to secure funding and determine how to complete the extension